Sunday, April 22, 2012

Finally in Hawaii

Yesterday didn't go as planned in the slightest, but then does life ever go as planned? I woke up at 4:30 am to get ready and get to the air terminal on base as early as possible... I didn't want to not get a seat on the Space A flight to Hawaii.  I had this odd feeling that something wasn't right, so I called to make sure the flight was still available. Good news it was, bad news it was a smaller plane and my bags could only be $25 Lbs. each. "Crap!" I thought this isn't going to work, frantically I start unpacking all of my "unnecessary" items... I can live with out 3 purses, 5 jackets and my favorite sparkly wedges would just have to stay behind. I get to the air terminal at 6:35 am two and a half hours before take off, only to find out that the flight had be canceled. Why? Because the plane just never showed up the night before. How a  plane just doesn't show up I have no idea? Now what? I had to be back in Hawaii this weekend, my hotel had already been booked and I already made all the appointments to get the keys to our house early Monday morning. Last minute plane ticket it is : / Luckily a one way to Hawaii from San Diego only cost me $176 more than I wanted or planned to spend, but at least it didn't break the bank.With 2 hours before the plane was to take off I rushed home repacked and got to the airport just in time :) The flight was boring as usual. When we finally landed in Hawaii, I went straight to the baggage claim which happened to be on the other side of the air port! Well these people must have been taking a nap or on their lunch break who the hell knows, but it took over an hour for our luggage to start coming out! Yes over an hour we landed at 1:15 pm and I didn't leave the airport until 2:45 ridiculous, I know. Luckily I made it back to base just in time for my friend's baby shower. One of the baby shower games was this sort of relay race it involved eating melted up chocolate out of a baby diaper, lots of toilet paper, and ending with two Marines chugging baby formula out of hot pink baby bottles! (funniest thing I've seen in a while)
 My day started off all wrong but ended with good friends, yummy food and lots of laughs. 
I never thought I'd say this but I am actually looking forward to living in Hawaii again. This time around I feel comfortable, like I know my place, now all I need is my husband back home and everything will be perfect <3
the view from the plane :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment