Friday, April 20, 2012

The Marine Corps sure makes things easy ... Not!

So,  as everyone knows my husband is deployed and I'm moving back to Hawaii before he gets back from deployment. This is our first time moving onto base and I was told that DMO would move our stuff for us. Great I thought because there is no way I can move all of our furniture myself. Fast forward almost 6 months and DMO tells me that they are going to charge us to move our furniture because it is in a storage unit. The difference between it being in a house or a storage unit is beyond me ( not to mention its all packed and in one room!) but whatever. No big deal, I'll just do a DITTY move ( do it yourself move) and have some of my husbands buddies help me out. DMO then proceeds to tell me I will have to move my stuff between 8am and 3pm Monday - Friday because that is when the weigh station is open, and all of our belongings need to be weighed.  Gee well that makes things convient doesn't it, everyone I know will be at work, and DMO refuses to move our stuff. Guess its safe to say I shouldn't get my hopes up about getting reimbursed for having to hire moving guys just to move my stuff from storage and onto the moving truck, there goes $160 -_-

Thank you so much Marine Corps, you have been more than helpful

No comments:

Post a Comment